A” Library” is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing.
Our college HSK Library established along with parent institution in the year 1997 with support of V.V.Sangha’s organization. It is located in the college campus .Our library is most accessible and convenient to the users. Our library creates Eco-Efficient environment and facilitate to access and usage of knowledge. Our library conducts awareness orientation to the users about sources and services. Our Library has rich Collection of Books, Journals in the discipline of Diploma Engineering. Library holds more than 20,000 Volumes and 2661 titles of books. Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) method is used to Classification and arrangement of books in the library. Our College registered for NDLI Club. It is widely accessed by all students and faculty Members of our college.
A Library is a Centre of “knowledge”, holding all tools of information to people. H.S.K Polytechnic aims at being the most dynamic, comfortable and effective learning environment centre in the region.
- Keeping the information up-to-date.
- Fostering a work-place culture.
- The Library continues to help students learning on their own.
- To serve future users, the Library will keep preserving information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems.
- Encouraging reading Culture through different facilities.
- To enrich teaching, learning and fuel research.
H.S.K Library has a mission of keeping the first place in excellence, innovation and improvisation in Polytechnics through best service delivery. To achieve perspective of the Library we need to follow the following missions.
- To circulate relevant library materials and resources.
- To Provide open access to Library users.
- To preserve long-lasting Library resources.
- To distribute a dynamic learning hub that enables discovery, connection and creation.
- To Provide advance knowledge and professional, competencies in science Technology and communication.
- Disseminating current issues on Science Technology and Research.
Laws of Library science
- Books are for use
- Books are for all
- Every Book its user
- Save the time of the user
- A Library is a growing organism
Padma Shri S.R Ranganathan
Father of Library Science
|Number of Titles of Books:||2663|
|Number of Volumes of Books:||20507|
|Number of other language Books:||377|
|Number of SC/ST Books:||1756|
- Working Hours: 9.00a.m to 5.00p.
- Carpet area
- Seating Capacity: 200
- Drinking Water: Yes
- Xerox: Yes
Journals/Magazines: Number of Journals / Magazines: 10
- Library Services
- Reference Service
- Reprographic Service
- Book Bank Service
- Question Bank Service
- To Focus on users to Provide good Value services.
- To Develop the effective service
- To Update the Library Process
- Number of Staff Users : 70
- Number of Students Users: 120
- Standards and Norms of AICTE, New Delhi.
- Standards and Norms of DTE, Bangalore.
- Prescribed Syllabus of DTE, Bangalore.
- Books selection Tools (Publishers/Vendors/Catalogue).
- Code of Classification: Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC-21 Ed.) .
- Code of Cataloguing: Anglo American Cataloguing Rules-II(AACR-II).
- Users Awareness Orientation: About Library Sources, Services, Searching Techniques.
- Library Users Feed Back (for value added services).