About Civil Engg
The Department of Civil Engineering came into existence since inception of the college in the year 2005, with an intake of 60 students. The department has been imparting quality education to meet the technological advancement and industrial requirements.
The department has well equipped laboratories like Building Materials Testing (BMT) lab, Geotechnical Engineering lab, Concrete and Highway Engineering lab, Fluid Mechanics lab, Computer Aided Design (CAD) lab where the students are trained to be proficient in various fields of civil engineering.
The Department is involved in R&D work, offers consultancy services and conduct training programmes for industry and government organizations. Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. Industry Institute interaction is nurtured by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, Expert Lectures, Seminars.
After completion of the course students have the option to continue their education by taking the admission directly to 3rd semester
Some of the popular government recruiters are:
- Indian Railways
- Steel Authority Of India Ltd.
- PWD & Irrigation Department
- Government Housing Schemes
- Municipal Corporations (Town/Rural Planning and Development)
- NTPC Ltd
- Government Mega Construction Projects (Dams, Highways, Roads, Bridges)
- Central public work departments(CPWD)
- Indian Armed Forces
- Water Boards
Some of the well-known recruiters are(private Sector :
- TATA Realty and Infrastructure
- GMR Infrastructure,
- Hindustan Construction Company
- IRB Infrastructure